Saturday, February 20, 2010

Cruising with the Po-Po



Every Tuesday from 8am-8pm I am at my internship for school. My internship is at the City of Maricopa Police department as a victim assistant. The city of Maricopa is fairly small and you don't see a whole lot of action. Most of my time is spent hanging out doing homework and waiting to be called out to assist a victim. Now, I tend to get bored easy so I have become friends with some of the police officers. Best part of being friends with a police officer is getting to go on ride-a-longs. It can be really exciting being in a cop car when it is speeding in and out of cars with sirens blazing. I have even gone out with the DUI task forced and assisted in and observe the whole processes from spotting a intoxicated driver, having them preform all the little test (walking in a straight line and such), haling them in, receive breath and blood test, and booking them. It is also just nice to get to see the fun side of cops as they laugh and joke around. They have such dangerous jobs and sometimes we forget all the good they do for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment